When I was in Sydney for the Dr Sherrill Sellman tour, I caught up with the “angel in disguise” Julie from Conscious Choice. She was the host organiser for the Sydney leg of the tour and lucky me, I managed to taste some amazing recipes of Julie’s while I was there. If you get the chance to get along to one of Julie’s Raw Food Preparation classes, I urge you to do so – her food is out of this world!
This is a dish I absolutely love and I’ve taken it from Julie’s website http://www.conscious-choice.com/recipes
Thai Veggie Noodles
1 Red Bell Pepper, julienned
1 Spring onion
1 Packet of kelp noodles or an extra 4 zucchini
½ Cup Chopped Herbs (mint or basil)
½ Cup Chopped Coriander
2 Tbsps Lime juice
2 Tbsps Tamari
¼ tsp Himalayan Salt
¼ Cup Almond butter or tahini
1/4 -1/2 cup Coconut Water
1/3 Cup Coconut meat
1 Lemongrass stalk
4 Kaffir lime leaves
1 Whole lime and zest
2 Tbsps Ginger
2 Tbsps Tamari
2 Tbsps Sesame oil
1 Tbsp Yacon
2 tsps Kelp powder
- To make the Thai dressing place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until creamy.
- To prepare the Veggie noodle mix:
- Prepare the Zucchini into noodles either using a mandoline or a spiraliser. Place into a bowl with the julienne red bell pepper and rinsed kelp noodles if you are using these.
- Toss in the Lime juice, tamari and salt and massage gently into the mixture.
- Add the herbs and spring onion
- Toss in the dressing and garnish with some coriander and cashews.
- Allow the mixture to marinate at room temp for 30min or place in your dehydrator for an hour to warm and develop the flavours.
- The longer this dish sits the better the flavours develop in it.
Kelp Noodles are a sea vegetable in the form of an easy to eat raw noodle. Made of only kelp (a sea vegetable), sodium alginate (sodium salt extracted from a brown seaweed), and water, Kelp Noodles are fat-free, gluten-free, and very low in carbohydrates and calories. Their noodle form and neutral taste allow for a variety of uses including salads, raw stir-fries and soups, while their healthful content provides a rich source of trace minerals including iodine, which kelp is well known for. Their unique texture completes the package, making Kelp Noodles a one-of-a-kind healthful and tasty alternative to pasta and rice noodles. Best of all, no cooking is required. Just rinse and add the noodles to any dish and they are ready to eat! You can find them on our online store